Wednesday, July 27, 2005

new friends, new life...


the wedpreps seems like ages ago...

i'm here on the island and i'm starting to enjoy myself. i found people i get along with and have been going out with them to the beach and even to bars.

I’m adjusting alright. Except I still don’t have an apartment yet. I’m temporarily staying with a Filipina who just got here, also works at EY and is on my floor. Her name is Lorie.

I also made friends with Laila, another Filipina. I was at church 2 Sundays ago for the 1130am mass at St. Theresa’s. An ex-SGVean recognized me by face, and sat with me. His name is Sonny. And he was friends with Laila and Jug who followed him into our seats.


We had lunch that day and went our separate ways. Lai and i kept in touch. And last Friday, we went to Hawkins' Island for the Carnival Party which was fun. I met Lai and her Irish boyfriend who was really really nice and sweet. I also met some other people there. We also went to the Hogpenny afterwards.

My first picture in Bermuda with Martin and Laila:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

a really long weekend is coming up.. no work on Thurs and Fri due to the Cup Match for the Cricket games here. we'll probably head to the beach, as usual. just like we did on both afternoons and early evenings of the previous weekend.

5 comments:

Aggie said...

grace! looking good :D im happy to know u are adjusting na :)

i read ur tag from data's blog :) update us soon!

Data Tolentino-Canlas said...

astig!!! i'm so excited that you're painting the town red! party on, girl :) have a great time there. Sana i start to enjoy myself na rin...soon, soon, i know. gosh, i miss chatting with you. sulat ka ulit ha! ingat! :D

Marj and Carlos said...

Hi Grace!! Galing, galing! It's good to know you are enjoying yourself. Love going to the beach rin. Sarap! Ingat ka ah!

dionne said...

that's great to hear grace! just continue enjoying yourself & making new friends there. pretty soon, olie will be with you na. =)

Pia said...

enjoy each and every experience grace! glad to see you're not homesick or lonely over there! =)