Sunday, February 27, 2005

Westin Bridal Fair


i just got home from the Weddings at Westin bridal fair. haay.. soo kapagod.. i've somewhat lost the enthusiasm, energy and excitement to prepare for my own wedding.. i've noticed this in the past few bridal fairs we attended. its like i cannot muster the enthusiasm to go through the flyers handed out, to pay attention to the people explaining the inclusions of their respective services.. i don't know why. parang minsan i just want to get over it, be done with it.. pero bigla ko maiisip syempre, i still don't have a gown (among other things!) kaya di pa rin pwede matapos ng ganun na lang ang wedding.. hehehe.

anyway, the wedexpo was nice. olie and i came with mama. they had a raffle wherein the mechanics stated that we have to have the card countersigned from all the exhibitors to join the minor raffle and book during the fair to join the major raffle. the major prize was a trip to bangkok. but heller! one look at the card and i knew we won't be able to accomplish having everything stamped/countersigned. syempre naman, we've been to a lot of fairs already. we've met some of these people, so i doubt if we'd still go to the booths of those we already know we are not getting.. oh well. but olie decided to go ahead with the signature campaign. grabe talga patience nya! di ko kaya un! honestly. although he didn't get to finish everything (napagod na din kasi, and i didn't help! - bad girl ako!), he was able to do a lot (about 90% i would think). haay. i really feel guilty.

tapos in the end pala, even if you don't complete the signature, you can join the minor raffle. hmm.. these organizers...

highlights:

Lee Llamas - i found him snobbish. we were lookin at his works and andami nya freebies for bookings during the fair (prenup, album, video). basta, one of his comments was that prati na daw nya kami nakikita sa fair.. well, yeah, that's true. and when i said we have video na, pwede ba iba na lang free.. he replied e kaya nga free eh! so masungit. really!

Coordinators - a coord who approached me asked me when my wedding was. when i said that it was still next year, she said, wow excited na si ma'am. to which i replied, actually hindi nga eh. gosh! is that a proper reply of a bride????

Another coordinator appealed to me. She seems simple and ok, personality wise. But she was also from Antipolo. The concern that i had with wini arose. but i my fears were easily set to rest. Olie was right though. When she pointed a pix of church aisle flowers (28 pieces) that she said that she made overnight, she might be short staffed. Or, i would think, really, flowers should be prepared the night before. Else, they'll wither before the wedding.

W@wies - i met fellow w@wies - Angie, Toni, Kitte, Marj, Cristina.. (i hope i didn't leave anyone out)

Others - i was able to talk to Connie Enriquez (coord) and Merlene Marcelo (gown). I was hoping to meet Veluz but she won't be arriving til 6 that afternoon.. Olie was able to look into other possible photographers..

Looking for the perfect photographer - fits your taste and your budget - is such a task. i do feel guilty leaving it all up to olie to decide.. i mean, there are so many choices that i grew tired just going through them.. some works stand out but they are so expensive. there are those works whose layout we don't like. ETC. i feel guilty again that i'm leaving it all up to him. mahirap na nga, di ko pa sya tulungan. di ba ang bad. haay. i resolve to help him with the photographer decision-making.

Photographers met - Wally Gonzales (seems like a really nice and simple man), Rey Mondez (award-winning but somewhat snobbish according to Olie) and this other guy that olie seem to like but he's new to my hearing (meaning we haven't met him in the previous fairs). There was also a freelance guy who works as an IT person in Inquirer and does photography on the side.

Wedding photoshoot - there were exactly 4 wedded couples having pictorials that afternoon. ganda ng sunset!

Fashion Shows and Talks - we were able to listen to the beauty talk from a PDI columnist and her guests (one of which is Jessie Mendez). there was also a talk on Fueng Shue and Wedding Do's and Don'ts by Rita Neri and a Fueng Shue master. There were also fashion shows of lingerie and sleepwear, evening gowns and bridal gowns.

Food - we had snacks at their cafe. yummy! ang sarap ng kanilang chocolate chip cookie. we also had tiramisu and strawberry frosted donut. they are also good.
-----------------
i really should get back on the wedprep excitement mode.
-----------------
we'll be booking our photographer this coming saturday. whoever he is.
-----------------
gown and coordinator na lang. haay.

i seem to have an idea na of the gown i want. yun nga lang, just ideas. nothin organized and finalized. im not even sure it is bagay sa akin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi gra, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on planning african american wedding, I ended up on your page. Your this post shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about planning african american wedding.

Anonymous said...

Hi gra, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on free wedding planning book I somehow ended up on your page. As your this post is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about free wedding planning book, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Hi gra, you have a nice blog. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on florida wedding planning when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on florida wedding planning then drop by the site above and check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hi gra, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on catholic wedding planning I somehow ended up on your page. As your this post is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about catholic wedding planning, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.